Sweet ‘n Easy Brown Rice
• 1 medium yellow onion, case diced
• 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
• 2 teaspoons sesame oil (toasted or regular)
• 3-4 cups cooked short-grain brown rice
• 2 teaspoons ginger juice from freshly grated ginger
• 1 scallion, cut into thin strips
• Shoyu (natural soy sauce) to taste
1. Heat the oil in a skillet.
2. .Saute onions for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add carrot matchsticks and saute 2-3 minutes. Reduce flame.
4. Place the cooked rice on top of the onions and carrots. DO NOT MIX.
5. Add just enough water to create steam. Cover and allow to steam for about 10 minutes on a low flame.
6. Mix together. Season with a little shoyu, add the ginger juice, and continue steaming for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
7. Serve on an attractive plate with the scallion garnish.<br />
© Macrobiotics America
P.O. Box 1874
Orovile, CA 95965