2 bunches of watercress
1 Tablespoon minced pickled shiso (the dark leaves in the umeboshi jar)
2 Tablespoons chopped roasted sesame seeds
1 sheet of nori, torn in 1/2 inch pieces
Pot of boiling water
1. Bring about 2 to 3 inches of water to boil in a cooking pot.
2. Wash, clean and drain watercress.
3. Place 1 bunch of watercress in the pot of rapidly boiling water.
4. Cook about 5 to 7 minutes until watercress is tender but still bright green.
5. Remove from water, drain and allow to cool. Cook the second bunch of watercress.
6. Squeeze out some of the extra water from the cooked watercress.
7. Cut in 1/2 inch pieces and toss with the chopped shiso and half of the sesame seeds.
8. Arrange in a mound on a serving dish. Garnish with the remaining chopped, toasted sesame seeds and the pieces of nori. Eat immediately.