3 – 5 small firm turnips cut from top to bottom into 1″ thick wedges
Handful of snow peas
2-3 teaspoons barley miso
1. Place turnips in a saucepan, adding about 1/2″ water to the bottom of the pot.
2. Cover with a lid.
3. Bring to a high boil, and then reduce flame to a medium low.
4. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until just tender.
4. Snap off stem end of each snow pea and remove “strings”.
5. Dilute miso in a little water and spoon over the top of the turnips.
6. Place snow peas on top of turnips.
7. Shut off the flame and cover with the lid, allowing the heat from the turnips to cook the snow peas
just until they turn bright green, but are still a little crunchy. Remove the lid.
8. Serve immediately.