2 cups daikon, cut into 1/2 inch cubes or 1/4 round depending upon the size of the daikon
1 onion, cut into thin crescents
4 inch piece of wakame, soaked and finely cut
4 cups water
1 heaping Tablespoon barley miso, or to taste
1 green onion, cut into thin diagonal slices for garnish
- Place onion and then daikon in layers in a soup pot.
- Add enough of the four cups of water to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cover pot and cook vegetables until tender.
- Remove lid and add the remaining four cups water.
- Return to a simmer.
- Dip out a little soup stock into a bowl and mix in the barley miso until the miso is dissolved.
- Add the wakame pieces and the soaking water. Cook over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the dissolved miso paste and shut off heat.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with a few pieces of green onion slices