Raspberry Sorbet & Heart-Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookiess
3 cups frozen raspberries
a small pinch of lemon zest
1 1/2 cups brown rice syrup (or 1 cup amber agave syrup)
1/2 cup water
(if using the 1 cup of agave, use 1 cup water)
(Prepare your ice cream maker in advance.)
- Combine rice syrup (or agave), and water in saucepan over medium heat. Cook over medium heat until flavors blend – about 10 minutes.
- Strain and set aside to cool slightly. You want it to be warm, but not boiling.
- When cooled, combine your liquid and frozen raspberries in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is very smooth.
- Strain the raspberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer to get out all seeds and remaining solids. This will take a little effort. It helps to push mixture through with a rubber spatula.
- Mixture should be cool from the frozen raspberries, but if it is warm, put in the the refrigerator to cool for an hour.
- Once the mixture is cooled, start up the ice cream maker and add in the mixture with the pinch of lemon zest.
- Once your sorbet becomes the consistency of soft serve, you’re done.
- Serve immediately, or freeze overnight in an airtight container for a more solid sorbet.
Heart-Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies
There are dozens of vegan cookie recipes on the internet, including chocolate chip ones. Just shape each into a heart before baking.
Here is one of our chocolate chip cookie favorites, with a shout out of thanks to Christina Pirello….