1/2 pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup tightly packed dulse (yields about 1/4 cup
1. Unfold dulse and check for sea shells and stones.
2. Spread dulse on a cookie sheet and bake at 350˚ for 10 to 15 minutes, or until dulse can be
3. Place pumpkin seeds on another cookie sheet and bake at the same time for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Stir once after 5 minutes so the seeds bake evenly. The seeds are roasted when they puff out and
are slightly golden.
5. Place dulse in a suribachi and grind to a fine powder.
6. Add roasted pumpkin seeds to the powdered dulse and grind with the pestle until about 2/3 of the
seeds are crushed.
7. Serve over grains, porridge or creme soups.