(using leftover millet and chickpeas)
3 cups cooked millet
1 cup cooked chickpeas
½ cup red onion, diced
½ cup green peas, shelled
¼ cup carrot, diced
1 Tbsp burdock, diced
½ cup sweet corn, removed from cob (or ½ cup frozen organic corn)
1 Tbsp chives, scallion, or parsley, chopped
3 umeboshi plums, pits removed
3 Tbsp organic roasted tahini
1 Tbsp onion, finely grated
¾ cup water
1. Place the millet, chickpeas, and red onion in a mixing bowl.
2. Blanch the green peas for 2 minutes in boiling water.
3. Remove, drain, and place in the mixing bowl.
4. Blanch the carrot for I minute, the burdock for 2 minutes, and the sweet corn for 1 ½ minutes.
5. Place in the mixing bowl.
1.Grind the umeboshi plums in a suribachi until it becomes a smooth paste.
2. Add the tahini and grind again until evenly mixed with the umeboshi.
3. Add the onion and grind.
4. Slowly add the water, pureeing constantly until the dressing is smooth and creamy.
5. Pour the dressing over the millet salad ingredients and mix thoroughly.
6. Place in a serving bowl.
7. Garnish with chopped chives.