Barley-Vegetable Salad with Ginger Dressing
3 cups leftover cooked barley
½ cup carrots, remedy diced
¼ cup celery, sickness diced
¼ cup red onion, diced
¼ cup red radish, halved and thinly sliced
¼ cup sweet corn, removed from the cob
¼ cup green peas or green beans
5 shiitake mushrooms, soaked and diced
½ cup cooked chickpeas
¼ cup seitan, diced
1. Place the cooked barley, chickpeas, red onion, red radish, celery, seitan and chickpeas in a mixing bowl.
2. Place a small amount of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Boil the sweet corn for 1½ minutes, the carrot for 1½ minutes, and the green peas or green beans for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Place in the mixing bowl.
5. Place ½ inch water in a saucepan and season with tamari soy sauce for a slightly salty flavor.
6. Place the shiitake mushrooms in the saucepan, cover, and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce the flame to medium?low and simmer for about 10 minutes until tender.
8. Remove and drain.
9. Add the shiitake to the other ingredients in the mixing bowl.
10. Set the cooking water aside and use for soup stock.
1 Tbsp. tamari soy sauce
¼ to ? tsp. ginger juice
½ to 2/3 cup water
1. To prepare the dressing, place the tamari soy sauce and water in a saucepan and heat.
2. Turn off the flame, and add the ginger juice, and mix.
3. Mix the barley and vegetables in the mixing bowl.
4. Pour the tamari?ginger dressing over the barley salad just before serving. Place in a serving dish.